Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This Is It

Each December I publish a preview of the upcoming planetary transits and alignments for the new year.

As I put together my astrological forecast for 2010, I was blown away - literally.

I've been studying and writing about the planetary energies of the 2012 transition for more than a decade. You can look back through the archives of the Cosmic Time ezine and Alignments newsletter to see where we've been. In my book, Cosmic Time, we take a look at the big-picture, planetary and cosmic context of the times we live in, especially the years 1987 through 2012 and beyond.

As I wrote in the book, the planetary energies of 2010 are the hot spot of this transition. In the past few months, as I studied and meditated upon the planetary motions and alignments coming up in the new year, layers and layers of meaning began to unfold.

In short, 2010 will be a defining time in humanity's evolution. Galactic energies will force us to change. We will reach a crossroads in 2010, and the choices we make will set the stage for eons to come. I do believe this is the central message of the sacred prophecies and calendars of the Maya, Aztec, Hopi, Lakota, Iroqois, Egyptians, Hindus and other spiritual cultures around the world.

It took many weeks to pull the information together. During the time that I actually wrote the piece, a megastorm blasted through much of the United States. As I attempted to sleep after one of several days of writing, fierce winds rocked my tiny casita perched on a mesa in the open desert. Torrents of rain pelted the parched Earth for nearly 24 hours. It was a long night of communion with the nature spirits, the elements of water and air. Sleep didn't happen, but something alchemical did. I realized this violent storm was an expression of the kinds of energies I was writing about in the preview.

Not a comfortable epiphany.

Many people in this country will be digging out for days as a result of the storm. I read this morning that surfers in Hawaii were riding 30-foot waves... a living metaphor I used in the piece about the opportunity we have in 2010 to get on top of the potent energies and create something positive.

So that's the gist of it. Quite simply, 2010 will be the most volatile year we've experienced yet on the way to 2012. During these days and nights leading up to the Solstice, I invite you to familiarize yourself with the energies and this profound opportunity. Get clear with your intent. Don't wait until January. The new year actually begins with the Sagittarius New Moon on December 16, so now's the time. Surf's up!


The 18-page 2010-2012 Astro Preview is now available. If you're so inclined, read the details: http://www.starpriestess.com/cosmic_time.html#2010preview


Astro Preview: 2010-2012 and Beyond

Newsletter Archives

The Big Storm

2010 Preview Astrology Readings