Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Loving the Earth

Over and over in this life, I have fallen deeply, passionately in love with the Earth. From the musky scents of a rain-ripened forest to the sight of the sun slipping beneath desert mesas, running barefoot on a windswept beach or hiking the Rocky Mountains, her beauty and her blessings fill me to overflowing. We are surrounded, embraced and one with Mother Earth.

This tantric engagement with the planet crept blissfully into my awareness many times during the years I wrote my book, Cosmic Time, and it happened again as I wrote my current newsletter, which is now posted on my web site.

As Earth Day approaches, I'm recommitting to the goals I set when I wrote the book ........ to become more personally involved in protecting and preserving the environment, and to facilitate the process of humans harmonizing with the planet and the natural world through sustainable living, green architecture and building practices, and attuning to natural cycles.

There are many ways of doing this. Some are detailed in the book, Cosmic Time. We'll explore more in this blog and through my ezine as time goes on. I've also decided to offer basic astrology classes again this spring, and a shamanic practitioners workshop in June. I'm writing and doing photography now for an exciting new magazine called Green Lifestyles on Planet Paradise. In the new issue, due out in a couple of weeks, we feature sustainable architecture in Crestone, Colorado, and the remarkable eco-visionary David Crow whose company, Floracopeia, is changing the paradigm of business.

All of that is less than a thimble-full of what I could be doing to protect and preserve and keep loving this precious planet. Every step I take is a prayer, and many of these are prayers of thanksgiving for this most sacred relationship.

"I am that I am, I am beauty, I am peace, I am joy, I am one with Mother Earth." - Babatunde Olatunji


Links

http://www.greenplanetparadise.com/
http://www.floracopeia.com/
http://www.StarPriestess.com/
http://www.StarPriestess.com/cosmic_time.html