Sunday, June 14, 2009

Introducing Floracopeia Essential Oils


As we make our way through these intensely transformational times, I'm always on the lookout for effective new ways to support our evolutionary process.

Author, world traveler, acupunturist, master herbalist, meditation teacher and green entrepreneur David Crow is up to something I want you to know about. His new company, Floracopeia, is producing the highest-frequency essential oils I've experienced.

As I wrote in my article about him in the new issue of Green Lifestyles on Planet Paradise, David is an unassuming visionary with a simple focus.

"The bigger global issues today - ecologically, environmentally, politically and economically - are accelerating rapidly in terms of the need for change," David says. "We need a new model, a new culture."

In these times of change and uncertainty, David wants communities to empower themselves on a grassroots level by becoming involved in local resource management, growing food and cultivating medicinal plants. He works to realize this vision around the world by helping communities establish local gardens. "Then we have our health care system taken back again," he said.

You can read the full article on my web site. Click here.

I happened into the world of David Crow and his company, Floracopeia, last year in Sedona, Arizona. David gave a presentation at 7 Centers Yoga about this amazing project called the Learning Garden in Los Angeles. I was impressed with David's determination to bring local gardens back to the people. He was in Sedona as part of that mission, and today there's a growing network of local gardeners as well as a new farmer's market selling locally grown produce.

I wasn't fully aware of David's company, Floracopeia, until I signed up for his Contemplative Aromatherapy retreat in Sedona a few months later. In this venue, David leads traditional Buddhist Vipassana meditation enhanced by the aromatic and medicinal essential oils bottled through his company, Floracopeia. As we learned about the oils, we also learned about Floracopeia. I'm convinced that David's progressive business practices, educational outreach and sustainable eco-projects enhance the energetic frequency of the oils.

The meditation retreat led me into a state of deep euphoria... and I was hooked. I purchased a collection of oils and began to meditate daily with these aromatic treasures. The spiritual and physical effects of the oils are profound. When I take in the aromatic essences, a deeply calming, visceral wave of love fills me up, head to toe. The plant essences bring comfort, awareness and healing on all levels of my being. And when I purchase these products, I'm contributing to the bio-sustainable projects David so passionately carries out around the world. Everyone benefits, including Mother Earth.

One thing led to another, and later I got a phone call from Green Lifestyles Magazine. I'd already submitted one article for the new issue, and they needed another... this one on David Crow and Floracopeia.

In interviewing David, I became more and more impressed with Floracopeia as a new-paradigm, sustainable business. A month or so later, I became the first affiliate of this company and now market the oils that have become a foundation of my meditation practice, ritual and healing work. We introduced the oils last week at my Core Shamanism training in Denver. The euphoria is spreading.

It isn't every day that someone as knowledgeable, inspiring and dedicated as David Crow crosses your path. I'm deeply grateful for this collaboration and look forward to sharing with you Floracopeia's aromatic treasures from around the world. From time to time, I'll post information about the oils on my web site and in my blog.

Here are some current favorites, in no particular order:

Palo Santo - from the sacred tree in Ecuador
Jatamansi - Himalayan Spikenard - enhances dreamstate and meditation awareness
Frankincense - sacred and healing - there are several varieties - I use the one from Ethiopia
Melissa - also known as Lemonbalm - excellent for brain function, both relaxing and stimulating for mental clarity
Tulsi - Holy Basil - restores the respiratory system
Vetiver - deep, rich, earthy, tremendously grounding

I also love the vetiver blends, including Rose-Vetiver and Vetiver-White Ginger Lily. In selecting oils for yourself, trust your intuition. There are no wrong choices. If you're drawn to a particular essence, there's a reason. Its gifts will unfold within you as you take in the aromatic essence.

Floracopeia offers a large selection of aromatic treasures, including essential oils, traditional Ayurvedic attars from India, exotic and infused body oils and natural perfumes. Just this weekend Floracopeia introduced a series of "Signature Blends," including the Relax Blend, Breathe Blend, Spirit Blend, Hormonal Blend and Mother Blend.

You may enter the Floracopeia web site through my StarPriestess.com web site, or go there directly. When you order, please be sure to mention my name as the affiliate who referred you. The Floracopeia web site is a treasure house of information about the oils and the company.

I'll also be attending the Medicine Buddha retreat in Nevada City, California, in September. Check the blog on Floracopeia's site for details. Maybe we'll see you there!

With heartfelt thanks to David Crow for his inspiration and teachings, to the staff at Floracopeia for their kindness and support, and to Mother Earth for providing these nurturing, healing plants for our benefit ... Namaste.