Monday, November 23, 2009

The Harvest


When we live in a natural way, life begins to slow down at this time of year. We pause and give thanks as the seasons change and nights grow longer.

What is the essence of all our experiences, this turn of the wheel, as we prepare for winter and the Solstice point in December? This is the harvest.

For me, the journey of 2009 brought the birth of a new book, adventure, romance and a much-needed vacation at the beach. I got to connect with many new faces and places, familiar favorites and longtime friends. I'll celebrate Thanksgiving this week with my family in the Midwest, and count these blessings.

The laughter of children and sun on my face, rain on the roof and sand on my feet, a nurturing home, loving companionship, deepening wisdom, radiant health, an abundant garden and silent, starry nights.

What a privilege it is to live on this precious planet. As I light the candles this Thanksgiving, my heart is filled with love and gratitude for the rich abundance of life. I savor the moments and cherish each encounter.

Thank you for being part of my experience. Blessings to you and yours.

Namaste.